So, you’ve walked the NAMIWalk and enjoyed the festive event, but now what? Don’t end your day after you leave the Walk, continue celebrating by having an after-party/event!
For months you have worked hard raising awareness and funds for NAMI, so you deserve a FUN day! After you leave the Walk continue the celebration with your family, friends, and team members by doing something FUN! Hosting an after-party/event also provides those who registered to walk, but unfortunately couldn’t make the event, a time to celebrate with everyone!
Here are some FUN after-party/event ideas:
- Plan a lunch or an early dinner at a local restaurant. Wear your team t-shirt or the official NAMIWalks t-shirt. When making a reservation or when you approach the host/hostess let them know that you just completed the NAMIWalk and you’re there to celebrate!
- Have a party at your home. Invite your family and friends who participated in the Walk and/or donated to your Walk efforts. Don’t worry about making the food if you don’t have time, instead have everyone pitch in and order pizza or do a pot-luck!
- Go to a spa. You can use a little relaxation and pampering after walking, so get your team members together and visit a local spa for massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, etc. When making the reservation tell them you’ll be coming in after walking in the NAMIWalk!
- Go to a sporting event. You can get your family and friends together and go to a ball game or a soccer match. Remember to have everyone wear their team t-shirt or the official NAMIWalks t-shirt.
- Go bowling or to the movies. These are great activities for the young adults on your Walk Team. Again wear your NAMIWalk t-shirt and let them know that you just left the event!
If you and/or your team continued the celebration after this year's NAMIWalk, share what you did on the NAMIWalksFacebook page!