- Prior to the NAMIWalk, Team Captains should pick a specific place for your team members to meet at the event. Send an email to all of your members notifying them of the your designated location!
- All walkers should complete the collection envelopes with all the checks and cash you have collected enclosed. Walkers on a team, give your envelopes to your Team Captains. Individual walkers, give your envelopes to an official at the registration tables.
- Team Captains, have your team envelopes completed and have all of your team members’ envelopes enclosed prior to giving the envelope to an official at the registration tables.
- NAMIWalks are held rain or shine, so be prepared for inclement weather! If it’s raining or there’s a chance of rain, wear a rain coat or poncho and bring an umbrella. If it’s extremely warm and sunny, bring sun tan lotion and a hat. You can also bring a mist fan to keep you cool!
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and make sure they are appropriate for the weather. Remember we love teams and walkers who make their own t-shirts!
- When you arrive at the event check-in on Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter and other online social networks! This is a great reminder for your friends, who are not participating in the Walk, to support you! Post pictures of the event on Instagram, Tumblr. and other online social networks! Show your friends what a great event they're missing!
- Get your muscles ready for your jaunt by stretching before step-off. You don't want to pull a muscle or have pain the next day!
- Remember to bring your team signs and other items you want to display at the event or carry as you walk.
- If your NAMIWalk allows dogs to attend and you want to bring your four-legged friend, make sure your furry-friend is on a leash!
These are just a few tips to ensure that you are prepared for the event and ready to have FUN at a 2013 NAMIWalk!!!